Pages

Friday, March 25, 2011

Fashion Faux Pas Deux - The Dusty Mini Skirt

Picture this: You walk into a relatively nice bar to meet your work friends and commiserate over cocktails at Happy Hour. You're minding your business, walking up the stairs, when a woman at least twice your age shoulder checks you in her mad dash up the stairs, most likely to lay the mack down on some unsuspecting younger gentleman. Irritated, you look up (to mutter something snarky about manners, no doubt) and see this:

Let me preclude my comments with this little disclaimer...I love short skirts. I own several of them. In fact, several is an understatement. However, I do think that there should be an age limit for mini skirts. I mean, this woman was probably in her sixties. Listen, that's just offensive. Nobody wants to be in danger of seeing your old, dusty snatch as you parade it up two flights of stairs in a mini skirt with a pattern that Versace himself wouldn't have wiped his ass with. Also, you'll notice she has on her best sexy shoes that she can just easily slide her feet into. Was Easy Stride having a sale on geriatric stripper shoes? Not a good look.

Trust me: I know you must be on some sort of premeditated cougar mission to find yourself a nice, young man who will tell you how amazing you look in your satin mini skirt and make you feel 30 for a day...but next time, maybe you should consider a nice pair of slacks. I'm just saying; you might have better luck if you kept some of your business to yourself until at least the third date.

No comments:

Post a Comment