Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

You say Gaddafi, I say Kadhafi...

I like to think that I'm pretty smart, and that I [for the most part] keep up with current events. But I have to admit - this whole Libya thing has got me in a tizzy (for many reasons). For years, I have seen Moammar Kadhafi's name spelled just as I wrote it there...but with all of the recent buzz, I have seen it spelled so many different ways, that I actually began to question my own intelligence! I mean, with the G, the K, the Q, the -el in between...what's really going on here?

So...I Googled it. I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Do you know that there are eighty-seven spelling variations of this man's name?
No, really. EIGHTY. SEVEN. I didn't know that was even possible!

http://www.theglobalist.com/StoryId.aspx?StoryId=5089

No wonder he's such an oppressive dick. You would be, too, if you had to remember eighty-seven ways to spell your own name! He also probably has to be on constant fraud alert. How easy must it be to steal his identity? Not that anyone would want to, or anything. That would be a little bit like applying for a credit card as Adolf Hitler or Kim Jong-Il. Pretty sure that wouldn't fly over here in the good ol' U S of A.

Oh, well; I digress...but if you ask me, K-A-D-H-A-F-I and G-A-D-D-A-F-I spell disaster, any way you write it.

No comments:

Post a Comment