Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

After the Club, It's the After Party and After the Party, It's the Hotel Lobby and After the Belve, Then It's Prob'ly Cris' and After the Original, It's Probably This: SIESTA!

Okay, so I know I'm a little late on this. Hopefully you'll forgive me, since I was working on that godforsaken paper (which I finished, incidentally). Moving right along...


Hahahahahaha! I love it. Look at him! He looks so peaceful. I just think it's soooo funny that everyone is making such a big deal about this whole "napping during the budget speech" situation. Who cares? The man is almost 70; maybe he just needed a little snooze. If you're so concerned about him nodding off for less than a minute...I bet you're glad McCain wasn't elected, eh? At his age, naps have got to be almost mandatory. No? Not to mention, Obama is certainly a dynamic speaker, but the topic of the budget is pretty much whatever the polar opposite of dynamic would be.
So, what do you think? Do you think he was sleeping, or in deep thought? I honestly think it was more along the deep thought route. He probably just closed his eyes out of sheer frustration that we're even still discussing the stupid stinking budget. I know I have. Several times.

Here's what I don't think: I don't think that grand ol' Mike Huckabee (whom you can always depend on for an intelligent sound byte...that's sarcasm, for those of you who haven't picked up on my tones yet) knows what he's talking about (besides the disingenuous part...I'm confident that Huck (which rhymes with _____) is very familiar with disingenuity):

"He was praying that nobody will find out just how disingenuous they are about actually cutting the expenses and hoping and praying that the American people don’t catch on to the games that they’re trying to hoist upon us," Huckabee told the media outlet.

...or maybe he was praying that all of the ridiculous budget cuts that the GOP wanted wouldn't end up totally F'ing America in the A. Just a thought.


*Gotta give credit where credit's due. Thanks to my favorite adolescent loving, golden shower giving, babymaking music making crooner, R to the Kelly for inspiring today's title. Listen to the song here.

No comments:

Post a Comment